Wednesday, July 22, 2009

ENOUGH with the Race Thing

Race! Race! Race! As the kids say, "Gag me with Race!" I just read my Republican Senator Mel Martinez's statement on why he is voting to confirm Sonia Sotomayor: [snip]

Excuse me Mel, but the woman is a leftist who will make decisions based on her "feelings" rather than the law. So as a supposed Republican, why the heck would you vote for her? Is it because she is Hispanic? When will we ever get past race in this country?

Voting for Sotomayor simply because she will be the first Hispanic is the same racist reason many voted for Barack Obama. Annoyingly, even conservatives kept congratulating me on our first black president. I know they meant well. But what I was hearing is

"This man is going the destroy our country, but you should be proud Lloyd because he is black like you". [snip]

While proclaiming race should not matter, the Democrats are notorious for making everything about race. Everywhere Democrats go, they immediately count black faces. If the ratio to whites is not high enough, they break out their "racist" rubber stamp. It makes me crazy that Republicans are so successfully branded as racists, while in reality, the party built on exploiting race and minorities is the Democrats.

We must stop allowing race to trump reason and common sense. The stakes are far too high. I am talking about the future of America and our children. Do we want them living in a world with racial quotas. Or, a world similar to the TV show Star Trek, where all that matters is integrity and excellence in what you do?

READ MORE

No comments: