Friday, October 2, 2009

Polish Prez Not Happy After Obama Reneged on Missile Plan

Subject: txt nsec intl sclm -
On Thursday, FNC viewers got to learn of a little reported diplomatic faux pas on the part of President Obama, as the administration announced on the 70th anniversary of the Soviet invasion of Poland that America would back out of the plan for a missile defense shield previously worked out with Polish President Lech Kaczynski.

On Special Report with Bret Baier, host Baier showed an interview with the Polish president who did not seem happy with President Obama’s foreign policy decisions.

Kaczynski signaled his belief that the deal he had worked on with the Bush administration was important to his country:

"I thought that the August 2008 deal, I considered that to be a success. I worked very hard to bring about the deal, to make it successful. I would like to be honest with you, and I will just say that I did everything I could to just finalize the deal. I cannot say I was happy. It was a very important deal for us."

Baier then brought up the bad timing of the Obama administration’s announcement...

READ MORE

No comments: