Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Wilson's Son Says Dad Is Not Racist

.

"There is not a racist bone in my dad's body," said Alan Wilson, an Iraq veteran who is running for state attorney general in South Carolina. "He doesn't even laugh at distasteful jokes. I won't comment on former President Carter, because I don't know President Carter. But I know my dad, and it's just not in him."

"It's unfortunate people make that jump. People can disagree -- and appropriately disagree -- on issues of substance, but when they make the jump to race it's absolutely ludicrous. My brothers and I were raised by our parents to respect everyone regardless of background or race."

READ MORE

FLASHBACK:

TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 15, 2009

Joe Wilson's War
Discourse: The reaction to the congressman's outburst shows what happens when you judge this president by the content of his character.

In a post-racial presidency, charges of racism are the new last refuge of scoundrels...

READ MORE

No comments: