Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Never Wrong

.

"I am not persuaded that 20,000 additional troops in Iraq is going to solve the sectarian violence" in Iraq, Sen. Barack Obama, D-Illinois, said in January 2007. "In fact, I think it will do the reverse."
In Baghdad yesterday, after a day spent witnessing the reduction in violence in Iraq, Obama was asked by ABC News' Terry Moran if he was wrong..

"I think that, I did not anticipate, and I think that this is a fair characterization, the convergence of not only the surge but the Sunni awakening [which was enabled buy?]. Had those political factors not occurred, I think that my assessment would have been correct."
"Well, you were saying that it would not make a significant dent in the violence," Moran said.

"In the violence in Iraq overall, right," Obama acknowledged. "I am glad that in fact those political dynamic shifted at the same time that our troops did outstanding work." [ah, just a coincidence then]
Moran asked what Iraq would look like now if Obama's policy of withdrawing in the face of the violence had been implemented.

"That is a hard thing to speculate..." [not really...]

"Look, the fact is that if Barack Obama's policy on Iraq had been implemented, Barack Obama couldn't go to Iraq today." Sen. Joe Lieberman

If you had to do it over again, Moran asked, knowing what you know now, would you support the surge?

"No" Obama said.
READ MORE

No comments: