Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Time to End the Hyphenated American Thing

.
The announcer introduces me to the audiences of thousands, “Singer/songwriter of the national America Tea Party Anthem, Mr. Lloyd Marcus!”

I enthusiastically enter the stage, “Hello my fellow patriots! I am not an African American ... I am Lloyd Marcus ... AMERICAN!” The mostly white crowds go wild with applause and cheers of approval. I feel their relief and gratitude of a black man who loves his country and is not hostile or resentful toward them.

I am traveling across America on the Tea Party Express Tour. We began August 28th in Sacramento, CA. Our 34 city tour will end September 12th in Washington DC.



[snip]

The audience's emotional response to my, I am not a hyphenated American proclamation has been a big surprise to me. After each rally many approach me to thank me. They tell me, “I can not begin to tell you how much I appreciate what you said. I'm Irish (or I am Italian), and I would never hyphenate. America doesn't need things to divide us”

This cross-country tour has opened my eyes to the reality that Americans have been held hostage by political correctness. [Most] Americans want to be united. They hate hyphenating. In New Mexico, a young man thanked me, “I tell all my friends I am American ... not Mexican-American!"

But it's these same Americans who want to be united without hyphenations that are called racists by the Obama administration for disagreeing with his radical agenda...

READ MORE

No comments: