Monday, April 7, 2008

Partly Personal

Folks,

heard from a coworker last week who was concerned how the debate over Global Warming is being 'taught' to his child in school. 'Dr. Dave' isn't certain about the issue himself but as a life-long professional scientist (he's my employer's chief scientist) he's sure of one thing: the single-sided portrayal of this issue at 'his' school is an example of bad scientific method he doesn't want taught his child, so he asked me for a 'summary' of GW skepticism with which to broach the aspect of balance with the teachers (complements to Dave for his involvement in his children's education and its composition).

Unfortunately the volumes of information I'd compiled over the years in my past 'Warming Wednesday' weekly emailings weren't part of my migration to Mac last year, so I instead wrote a Letter to Dr. Dave re: Global Warming sites-URLs explaining that there's no quick shortcut here - but which did provide several URLs I think represent the shortest path to learning the foundation of the skepticism surrounding this issue. I offer them here as well for anyone interested (which I sincerely hope will be all of you, as failure to bring some rationality to this debate will quite literally cost us all):

http://www.sepp.org/ [it's links to the Appeals, Declarations and Petitions I referred to, recommended]
www.friendsofscience.org
www.co2science.org [which is recovering from a cyber-terrorist attack meant to silence the site {typical}, recommended]
www.iceagenow.com = maybe selling a book, but speaks to the cycle aspect as you mentioned so I've included]
www.junkscience.com = despite it's unpolished appearance this is a major site, and it's kept current - recommended]
http://www.envirotruth.org/ = National Center for Public Policy Research's site, more political, select 'Global Warming' tab at top
www.globalwarming.org
www.heartland.org = > environment tab at top

I've posted my
Letter to Dr. Dave re: Global Warming sites-URLs, as it also contains a few links to the cyclical nature to climate change, a good Q&A article by the Heritage Foundation and (not surprisingly) some pontification from me re: how the burgeoning religion of climate-combat can most effectively be countered - I (not so) humbly recommend it to anyone who finds themselves in like circumstance to Dr. Dave.

Letter-Link

ADDENDUM (much later in the day...):

I've cobbled together a partial listing of the news pieces I've sent myself over the past year (March '07 to March 'o8) which are 'skeptical' of Global Warming and/or the consequences of its hype. It's available at

http://netizennewsbrief.blogspot.com/2008/04/skeptics-primer-on-global-warming.html

It's long, and unfortunately 'mono-chromatic' as its formatting didn't come over - and I've no intention of re-adding it manually (you'll see why).

Nonetheless it's legible and all its links work to verify or elaborate on each piece - I think even a rapid scanning of their headlines alone will teach many a lot about what they're not being told by the MSM - better yet, a random sampling of who is saying these things will raise even greater questions, as they're predominantly professional climatologists, economists and policy analysts.

I know that doesn't compare to celebrities and politicians, but give it a try anyway - and please, feel free to forward it to anyone you think could use some perspective on this - we've all a lot to lose if rational thought isn't brought to bear on this issue, and the MSM has demonstrated it isn't going to do it.

Again:
http://netizennewsbrief.blogspot.com/2008/04/skeptics-primer-on-global-warming.html
.

No comments: