Sunday, April 6, 2008

Letter to Dr. Dave re: Global Warming sites-URLs

.
D,

my 'new' computer doesn't have any of the 'Warming Wednesdays' compilations I spoke of - evidently all were 'pre Mac'.

I do have hundreds of individual articles or 'shorts' with links to, but I don't think flooding your mailbox would help you, so I've instead listed a few sites you may find helpful. The bad news is that you'll need to spend some time reading to 'arm' yourself with counter arguments - that's life. The good news is that I suspect they have summaries of the type you're interested in, you just need to find 'em (and copy me if/when you do please).

More bad news though: if you're expecting to take your new found facts and impart them to folks and expect a change in attitude forget it. Virtually all folks who have been denied any view contrary to alarmism are simply unable to acclimate to contrary facts in one, or even a few, sittings. In fact, the GW business is literally what started me publishing daily news 'shorts' ('Briefs' today) about six years ago, when I realized that the other side of this debate needed to be provided as consistently/frequently as the alarmist view if folks were every going to be able to decide for themselves. Failing a counter-trickle-charge, most folks will eventually just believe what they hear most often.

I don't mean to appear self serving (reminder, I make nothing from my Briefs - in fact I pay to distribute them {long story}), but the Netizen News Briefs contain a Brief or two every day on GW, which is the best way to accumulate a fuller understanding over time (and, over time, come to see the vested-interest linkages between the entities pushing the alarmist view). Don't forget you can easily sign up anyone to receive Briefs by selecting the blue 'Subscribe For Free' button a few inches down the left side-bar of the blog/email, and typing their email address in the subject line and hitting send - they'll receive an anonymous copy with a 'Someone you know thought you might be interested in..." introduction which includes an unsubscribe link within it (send it to yourself first if you'd like to see it) - and I honor all unsubscribes completely. (about half 'stick')

I'll look through some of my past sendings and forward any I think you may want, but I've only an hour before I have to hit the road. I suggest you start with the sites below and if you don't find what you want try googling "good summary of the global warming debate" or something - but I did just that and got nearly 2 million returns (which could take more time than you're intending ;^) - hence 'my list' below).

try these:
http://www.sepp.org/ [it's links to the Appeals, Declarations and Petitions I referred to]
www.friendsofscience.org
www.co2science.org [which is recovering from a cyber-terrorist attack meant to silence the site - typical]
www.iceagenow.com = some good stuff, maybe selling a book, but speaks to the cycle aspect as you mentioned so I've included]
www.junkscience.com = despite it's unpolished appearance this is a major site, and it's kept current - recommended]
http://www.envirotruth.org/ = National Center for Public Policy Research's site, more political, select 'Global Warming' tab at top
www.globalwarming.org
www.heartland.org = > environment tab at top

Also, pieces along the lines you mentioned;

http://www.heritage.org/research/EnergyandEnvironment/wm1403.cfm = good Q&A,
http://www.ncpa.org/pub/st/st279/ = "The Physical Evidence of Earth's Unstoppable 1,500-Year Climate Cycle" that you mentioned an interest in


OK, that should be enough for this week...

;^)

bon appetit -

S

No comments: