Thursday, May 20, 2010

MSNBC Host Asks Black GOP Candidate About 'Racist' Tea Parties

[Meanwhile, in our professional media...]



MSNBC anchor Peter Alexander asked black Republican congressional candidate Allen West of Florida about "aligning" with the tea party movement:

"the Tea Party has raised concerns that it may have, I guess, racism built within it. We have seen some racist signs at past events...are African-American candidates aligning themselves with the tea party?"

[Audio available here]

West responded:

"The principles and values that I espouse, limited government, lower taxes, individual responsibility, and accountability, liberty, and honoring the traditions of our constitutional republic, are connecting me with those grass roots Americans that attend tea party rallies. And I've spoken at four to five of those rallies and I've not seen any racist type of signs."

READ MORE

No comments: